I decided to start a little series for the summer this year- 30 Days to a Funner Summer (I apologize in advance for those of you that go nuts over poor grammer).
Since many of us are probably looking for fun ways to spend time with our families, I thought it would be fun to do a series with some children’s activities, recipes, tips and articles each day for the next 30 days.
Hopefully there will be something for everyone here- not just ideas for those of you with small children. (I am super excited to share the first recipe for example- a cool treat that is perfect for parties and so light, refreshing and simple. Yeah!)
The common thread between each post will be a budget friendly focus- after all this is My Frugal Adventures! No children’s activities that require busting open the college fund to complete ;).
My hope is that this inspires you to make the most out of summer (even with the crazy busy schedules many of us have) and really live the kind of life you want to live.
I find that summer tends to just fly by around these parts and I always try to squeeze every bit of fun that I possibly can out of each day. I figure that I will have four year old and five year old baby girls for one summer in my entire life- so why not make the most out of it? August will be here before we know it and boom- back to school and then the crazy holiday season in the blink of an eye.
So let’s soak up some sunshine, kick our feet up, grab a good book and make the most out of the days we have! After all you deserve it!
So you can bookmark or pin this page as a central reference point. I will be posting a new 30 days to a funner summer idea each afternoon up until the 3rd of July. I will also update this page with links to each new thing that is posted- so you can refer back and find everything in one spot.
If you are a blogger and have an idea you would like to submit for this series please email me at myfrugaladventures at yahoo.com.
You can catch up with the entire series by clicking below:
- Day 1: Get Organized! How to organize children’s activity bags.
- Day 2: End of Year Surprises for Children
- Day 3: Strawberry Lemon Slushie Recipe
- Day 4: Homemade Hamburger Seasoning to AMP up your burgers
- Day 5: How to make Giant Bubble Solution
- Day 6: How to Save Money on Road Trips
- Day 7: How to Create a Summer Schedule.
- Day 8: How to make a GIANT water bed (this is so fun!)
- Day 9: Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Day 10: 8 Ways to Get Outdoors this Summer
- Day 11: How to Calm a Child’s Room
- Day 12: How to Make Movie Night More Fun
- Day 13: Watermelon-Lime Sorbet (just 3 ingredients!)
- Day 14: Ideas for Mommy-Daughter Dates
- Day 15: DIY Dip Dye Shorts for Children
- Day 16: How to Make Bouncy Balls that really bounce!
- Day 17: Caramel Corn Recipe (just like Cracker Jacks!)
- Day 18: How to Make a Lego Tray (perfect for games and puzzles too!)
- Day 19: Painting with shaving cream (homemade bathtub paint)
- Day 20: Indoor Camping Party Ideas!
- Day 21: How to Make Chalk Paint
- Day 22: Chore Ideas for Children plus free printable Chore Charts
- Day 23: How to Make Homemade Butter
- Day 24: DIY Patriotic T-Shirts for Children (super cute!)
- Day 25: Freezer Pop painting
- Day 26: 10 Amazing Smoothie Recipes
- Day 27: Tips for a Stress Free Car Trip with Kids
- Day 28: How to be More Productive Everyday
- Day 29: How to Create a Family Yearbook
- Day 30: Easy DIY Patriotic Wreath