There are few things that are better then a perfect chocolate chip cookie straight out of the oven. This tends to be my fall back gift for just about any occasion… I forgot your birthday? Here is a nice batch of yummy chocolate chip cookies. New baby at home? I baked these fresh for you. Just moved into a new house? Welcome and here are some fabulous cookies.. Suffering heartbreak? You know a cookie is just the thing.
I make these for the neighbors and for friends all the time. I have gone through lots of chocolate chip cookie recipes in my day and this one is my very favorite. I am a soft cookie kind of person (not to be confused with those that like the crispier cookies) so I tend to underbake these just a tiny bit. Then you get that gorgeous ooey-gooey thing going which just can’t be beat.
This recipe comes from Ghiradelli which is my favorite company for chocolate chips as well. These are a tiny bit more at the grocery store but totally worth the extra few cents. (And if you have a chocolate emergency the milk chocolate chips are delicious straight from the bag. Not that I would know or anything…)
You can make these cookies with milk chocolate chips, white chocolate chips or semi-sweet. I actually like to mix half milk chocolate with half white chocolate in my cookies.
- 2 Cups Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips (or substitute milk chocolate or white chocolate)
- 1 Cup Butter- softened
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Sift dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Add butter and sugars to a mixer and mix until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla- mix until blended between each egg.
- Slowly add in dry ingredients and mix just until incorporated.
- Gently stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonfuls of mixture onto a cookie sheet and bake about 9-11 minutes.
And now you have a bunch of lovely cookies that you can bag up and share with a friend. (Or keep them all to yourself- no judgements here.)
I actually try to freeze about 2/3 of the dough and then I can have a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie in just minutes.
This is part of the 30 days to a Funner Summer series.
You can catch up with the entire series by click below:
- Day 1: Get Organized! How to organize children’s activity bags.
- Day 2: End of Year Surprises for Children
- Day 3: Strawberry Lemon Slushie Recipe
- Day 4: Homemade Hamburger Seasoning to AMP up your burgers
- Day 5: How to make Giant Bubble Solution
- Day 6: How to Save Money on Road Trips
- Day 7: How to Create a Summer Schedule.
- Day 8: How to make a GIANT water bed (this is so fun!)