It has already hit triple digits in Sacramento and last night was the first night I legitimately considered just giving the children watermelon for dinner. This is the time of year I especially love smoothie bowls. They are beautiful, light, refreshing and so quick to make. This mango and pineapple smoothie bowl is a great option when you want something light and refreshing that is still filling.
This smoothie bowl is very simple to make and I choose pineapple and mango as the main ingredients. You can easily switch out your favorite fruits- peaches or berries also work perfectly.
This is a creamy smoothie bowl that is similar to a soft serve ice cream- so a really wonderful treat.
Once you blend up your smoothie bowl, you can get creative with toppings. Try nuts, seeds, fresh fruit, dried fruit, coconut.. I like granola for a little crunch -whatever you have on hand works! It is best to layer the lightest topping first and finish off with your heaviest topping.
- ½ cup frozen mango
- ½ cup frozen pineapple
- 1 (5.3 ounce) container Greek yogurt (or about ½ cup) - frozen
- ½ cup milk (or use almond milk, coconut water or orange juice)
- Combine all ingredients in a large blender or food processor.
- Blend/process until smooth.
- Pour into bowl and top with toppings.
- Makes 1 large smoothie bowl, or 2 small.
If you decide to make this, please come back and let me know what you think!
And here are a few other recipes you might also enjoy:
Leave a Reply