We are one week in to summer vacation and I wanted to share a fun and silly little craft to try with the kids. A few months ago, we hit the Daiso store to get some clay to make slime. In our area, the Daiso store is almost always out of clay and when they do have it, there is a limit of 2 boxes and it is just whatever color they happen to get. (Usually colors you would never actually choose.)
So this particular occasion we stopped by and they only had brown. We went ahead and grabbed our two boxes anyway and on the way home we were brainstorming what to do with brown clay and this idea of Poop Emoji Slime popped into my head. Silly, gross and in slightly bad taste? Yes indeedy. Fun and will the kids love it? Yes indeedy.
So here is the simple recipe for poop emoji slime- you need to get your hands on the brown Daiso clay or white clay and brown food coloring should also work.
You can get Brown Daiso Clay by clicking here online or if you have a Daiso store nearby, they might also carry it.
- To make the slime, add 9oz of Elmer’s Glue to a large bowl.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon baking soda and mix well.
- Next add contact solution in 1/2 inch teaspoons until the mixture starts to form slime.
- Once the mixture is starting to hold together a bit, mix in 4oz of your Daiso clay.
- Add a little more contact solution to make the mixture firmer but take care as it gets tough quickly.
Once the slime formed in your bowl, you can stretch, pull, squish and have fun! We pulled ours up into ropes and gently swirled in on a table and added large googley eyes to make the emoji.
Very silly and a great summer project.
If you like this slime recipe, here are a few others that are also fun.