I decided for Father’s Day I would post a recipe that my husband loves. We make this a lot during summer. It is super fast and much healthier then standard ice cream or sorbets.
This has just 3 ingredients and doesn’t require an ice cream machine- so super easy!
- 2 limes
- 4 cups chopped seedless watermelon
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- Mix the sugar and water together in a pan and cook on medium for about 5 minutes until sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- Add 4 cups of watermelon to a blender and puree.
- Squeeze juice from one lime into the puree and add the simple syrup.
- Mix and pour into a casserole dish (9×9 is a great size)
- Place in freezer for 4 hours.
- Remove from freezer and add back into the blender until smooth. I like to add the juice of one more lime to make the blending easier.
Here is what your sorbet will look like once you take it out of the freezer. I just mash it up with a fork and then put it in the blender for a second quick puree.
This is so easy- all summer I usually have bowls of chopped watermelon in the fridge anyway and right now watermelon is so inexpensive this is super budget friendly.
My husband was actually making lunch today and I had this done, in the freezer and the dishes loaded in the dishwasher before he was done with sandwiches. So it really is very fast and easy to make.
If you decide to try this recipe be sure to come back and let me know what you think!
This post is part of the 30 Days to a Funner Summer Series.
You can catch up with the entire series by click below:
- Day 1: Get Organized! How to organize children’s activity bags.
- Day 2: End of Year Surprises for Children
- Day 3: Strawberry Lemon Slushie Recipe
- Day 4: Homemade Hamburger Seasoning to AMP up your burgers
- Day 5: How to make Giant Bubble Solution
- Day 6: How to Save Money on Road Trips
- Day 7: How to Create a Summer Schedule.
- Day 8: How to make a GIANT water bed (this is so fun!)
- Day 9: Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Day 10: 8 Ways to Get Outdoors this Summer
- Day 11: How to Calm a Child’s Room
- Day 12: How to Make Movie Night More Fun