I have a super simple appetizer recipe for you that is so perfect for Christmas or New Year’s or any party you might be hosting.
This recipe is beautiful and very simple to make and pretty much guaranteed to be gobbled up as soon as you put the tray on the counter.
You can tweak the flavors of this recipe to accommodate your tastes and what you might have in your pantry. I used crunchy apples, tart pomegranate, creamy brie, sweet honey and just a hint of salt.
You can skip the pomegranate and try citrus zest or candied nuts or skip the apples and try pear instead or really this recipe is absolutely wonderful with brie and honey alone and just a hint of salt.
Unfortunately you really do need to make this right before guests come over but you can prep the ingredients beforehand and it really does take just minutes to assemble.
Ready to get started?
- 1 apple chopped or sliced thinly, Fuji or Gala
- pomegranate seeds (about 3 tablespoons)
- honey for drizzling
- crostini, crackers or thinly sliced baguette
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lay the crackers or crostini on a parchment covered baking sheet
- Top with sliced wedges of brie and bake in oven until brie is melted- about 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with honey.
- Top with chopped or sliced apples and pomegranate seeds.
- Finish with a tiny sprinkling of sea salt and serve immediately.
You might want to drizzle a little lemon juice on the apples to keep them crisp. I prefer to chop the apples instead of slice them because they don’t seem to brown as quickly.
Any thin cracker or mini toast or sliced baguette works. If you want to toast the bread in advance, simply slice a baguette thinly, gently brush both sides of the bread with olive oil and lay out on a baking sheet to bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
You can make the toasted bread a day or two in advance and store in a Ziploc bag.
And that is it. Couldn’t be easier and so good! Creamy, salty, sweet, tart.
And here are a few other appetizers you might also enjoy:
Spinach balls (I can eat a mountain of these! So good!)
Smoked Cheddar Mashed Potatoes
Leave a Reply