I briefly mentioned this recipe in my Frozen Hot Chocolate Recipe post but I thought it was so good it deserved its own post. I just love super simple recipes like these that make entertaining so effortless and weeknight treats a little more special.
This rich, chocolate sauce is absolutely delicious and literally takes minutes to make. You can drizzle this on ice cream, over cakes and cookies or make sliced fruit a little more decadent.
Let’s be honest though. This is so good you will probably have a hard time not scooping it straight from the jar. (No judgement here folks.)
I think this would be such a lovely gift too on its own or in a cute little basket with pound cake and strawberries.
Ready to make your chocolate sauce? Here goes:
- ¾ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ⅔ cup evaporated milk
- Melt butter over medium low heat in a saucepan.
- Add chocolate chips and stir until incorporated and smooth.
- Add sugar and slowly add milk.
- Bring to a boil, stirring often and reduce heat to low and continue to cook for 8 minutes.
- Mixture will continue to bubble so be sure to stir frequently.
- Remove from heat and store in a glass jar for several weeks in the refrigerator.
And that is it! Really so simple! If you want to keep this warm for dipping or a party you can pop it in a fondue pot or place in a crock pot. You can also keep this in a jar and fill your crock pot about halfway with water and pop the chocolate mixture in to keep it warm for drizzling.
If you decide to make this recipe, please come back and let me know what you think!
Here are a few other recipes you might enjoy:
Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream – no machine required!