I posted this easy recipe last year but it was kind of hidden in another post so I wanted to mention it again.
This is just the easiest thing ever to whip up and it is so very delicious on ice cream.
You know that magic hard shell chocolate stuff that goes on ice cream? Many of us had it as kids and probably haven’t purchased it in years.
You can buy it at the store or just make your own with two simple ingredients.
I had a reader leave a comment on my homemade almond butter post just the other day- why bother making this when I can just buy it at the store?
Well I gotta tell you that the homemade version is so simple and just so very, very good. You can control the ingredients you put into your food and avoid many of the extra preservatives and all that junk no one can pronouce. I personally don’t like the kind you can buy at the store but this stuff I could easily eat every day.
So give it a shot- this recipe literally comes together in two minutes.
- Coconut Oil- 3 tablespoons
- Chocolate Chips or chopped chocolate bar- 1⅓ cup
- Mix coconut oil and chocolate chips together in a microwave safe bowl.
- Pop in microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Remove and stir well- the chocolate should be starting to melt.
- Put back in microwave for another 15 seconds.
- Remove and stir- hopefully it is all melted together and ready to pour.
- If not just continue to put in microwave for 10 second intervals.
Now this will be a chocolate sauce but once you pour it on top of ice cream it will harden right up! You can keep this in a mason jar or Tupperware in the fridge for a few weeks and it should stay fairly liquid for easy pouring next time around.
I like to use Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Chips but you can use dark chocolate, white chocolate… whatever floats your boat.
I absolutely love coconut and chocolate and I can for sure taste the coconut in this recipe. My husband is not a fan of coconut at all and he loves this recipe. My kiddos love it too.
We sprinkle on a few salted peanuts just to add a little salt to the sweet and it is an amazing dessert. For my kiddos, just a few sprinkles and they are in heaven.
Here are a few other recipes you might enjoy: