Summer is right around the corner and we love nothing more than S’Mores all summer long! Here is a really fun way to incorporate chocolatey, graham crackery goodness with gooey marshmallow Krispies.
Your kiddos are going to love these — perfect for parties or campouts. Even better, these are so simple and the kids can actually help to make them.
So to make these S’Mores Rice Krispies treats you just need a few things:
- Graham Crackers
- 10 oz Mini Marshmallows
- 3 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 8 tbsp melted Butter- divided
- 2 cups Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Dark Chocolate Candy Bar (about 2 oz)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a 9x9 pan with parchment paper.
- Arrange whole graham crackers to cover bottom of pan.
- You want to crush up a few more graham crackers and sprinkle the crumbs over the seams from your whole graham crackers to create a layer completely covered in graham cracker.
- Melt 4 tablespoons of butter and drizzle over the graham cracker layer.
- Place in oven for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cover graham cracker base with 1½ cups of chocolate chips.
- Return to oven for 5 minutes so slightly melted.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add remaining 4 tablespoons melted butter to a pan over medium heat.
- Add 5 oz of marshmallows to pan and stir constantly until melted.
- Add cereal and continue stirring until well mixed.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for about 3 minutes.
- Gently place Krispie mixture over chocolate layer only pressing slightly when necessary. You might spray cooking spray onto a spatula to use to gently press the Krispie layer down.
- Cover Krispie layer with remaining ½ cup chocolate chips.
- Cover chips with a layer of mini marshmallows- the remaining 5oz of the bag.
- Place pan in broiler on low for a few moments to lightly brown marshmallows (watch closely so it doesn't burn!)
- Top with broken pieces of chocolate bar for garnish.
- Cut into squares to serve.
This might sound like a lot of steps but really it is so easy- just add layer after layer and you will have the most delicious treat!
And here is the final product– an ooey gooey chocolate, krispy, marshmallowy treat 🙂
If you decide to make these please come back and let me know what you think!
Here are a few other fun summer recipes you might enjoy:
Watermelon and Lime Sorbet