I have a simple and fast sweet treat for you today that is ready in no time and actually comes together in a blender. This is a perfect recipe for those of you that don’t love to bake or are just looking for quick snacks that will fill the kids up without a lot of junk in them.
These muffins are grain free and the main ingredient is peanut butter (or nut butter of your choice)- so they are also pretty filling. Plus sprinkle some chocolate chips on top and who can resist that?
I made regular size muffins (about 12 from this recipe) but you can easily switch these to mini size muffins for bite size treats. The quantity of muffins made will vary slightly based on the size of the bananas you use.
Here is the quick recipe adapted from The Sweet Spot.
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 medium-sized ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Optional sweeteners:
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup chocolate chips (or more if desired)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a muffin or cupcake pan with cooking spray and
- set aside.
- Place all ingredients (except chocolate chips) into blender and blend to incorporate. Fold in
- chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into cups of prepared pan until each cup is about ⅔ full.
- Sprinkle a few extra chocolate chips on top for presentation.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
So simple! Pop in the blender, line your muffin pans, bake and done! This is one of those recipes the kids really can make themselves.
Here is your batter all blended up and ready to pour.
If you decide to try these muffins out, please come back and let me know what you think.
And here are a few other recipes you might also enjoy:
Copycat Starbucks Banana Bread
I finally had some ripe bananas to use up and whipped up this muffin recipe. Loved that the muffins are grain free and turned out great. Loved the chocolate and banana flavors together.
So happy to hear that Michelle! Thanks for taking the time to comment 🙂