This is a very simple and very inexpensive little DIY project that makes a fun gift.
My 10 year old and I found something similar to this at a fancy store for $14.00 each. Yikes! We actually bought one as a little Secret Santa gift for her dance studio and she wanted to grab a few more for gifts for her little buddies. We decided to try our hand at making our own version and they turned out really well. I think her friends are going to get a kick out of these. If you want to make some of your own little fizzy bath salts, here is the simple DIY. Check out the details of the new Fry’s Ad.
- Push Pop Containers (from the baking section of a craft store or or purchase online by clicking here)
- Epsom Salts
- Baking Soda
- Citric Acid (optional)- buy in craft stores or or purchase online by clicking here
- fragrances and coloring of your choice
The push pop containers just make this so much more fun and unique and they are reusable if you want to refill again and again.
The citric acid is completely optional- it adds a slight fizziness to the bath salts. If you do decide to use them, it is probably best for an adult to handle this ingredient. The citric acid is quite fine and if you breathe it in or get it in an eye, it is unpleasant.
- 1 cup Epsom Salts
- ½ cup baking soda
- 2 tablespoons citric acid
- fragrance of your choice (between 10-30 drops)
- food coloring
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until food coloring is evenly disbursed.
- Gently pour into push pop containers.
- Close tightly with lid.
- Pop in your bath and enjoy!
So easy as that! My daughter made two versions- one is a calming lavender blend and the second was a lime pop. Other fragrance ideas would be eucalyptus, vanilla, peppermint, rosemary, florals like jasmine or rose, citrus such as orange, lime or lemon and so many more… We use Young Living essential oils but feel free to use whatever products you might have on hand for fragrance. I did use a larger quantity of drops to make sure the salts really smell wonderful.
You can make up little gift tags, tie with ribbon and you are done. A fun and unique gift for someone.
Here are a few other ideas for bath products you might enjoy: