You guys it is SO hot in California right now. We are already in triple digits at the beginning of June. The heat makes it difficult to think about cooking and at night I am like- “Hey kids who wants a smoothie for dinner?” “Oh you want real food? Boo!”
So I have been experimenting with different drinks for the last few weeks and here is one to cool off this summer. This is a slightly fancier version of lemonade and it is super simple to make.
This sparkling pomegranate lemonade is one of my favorite treats when I go to Nordstrom. They have this in the cafe and it is just delicious. I wanted to try and make this myself at home and this recipe is very simple and perfect for summer entertaining.
My children aren’t huge fans of fresh pomegranate but they actually love this drink so don’t be scared off if pomegranate is normally a little tart for your taste. You might consider adding a touch more sugar if you do like drinks on the sweeter side.
Here is what you need for the lemonade:
This will make about 7 cups of lemonade.
- 1 cup Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice (I used 7 medium size lemons)
- 1½ cup Pomegrante Blueberry Juice
- 1¼ cup Club Soda
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup hot water
- Add ½ cup sugar and ½ cup hot water to a pan and bring to boil.
- Stir for about a minute until the sugar dissolves in the water.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Juice lemons until you have about 1 cup of fresh juice. You might want to strain the juice to remove seeds and pulp.
- Add juice to a large container or pitcher and add 3 cups cold water.
- Next pour in 1½ cups of pomegranate blueberry juice and 1¼ cup club soda.
- Last pour in the simple syrup and stir well.
- Pour over ice and enjoy!
- This will store in the fridge for several weeks but I recommend waiting to add the club soda until ready to drink.
The original Nordstrom recipe calls for Pomegranate juice and blackberry syrup. I simplified this a little by just using the Pomegranate Blueberry drink. I found this in the produce section of my local grocery store. If you struggle to find this flavor, you can always use just pomegranate juice or use 1 cup pomegranate juice and about 1/4-1/2 cup blackberry syrup (depending on how sweet you like it.)
So that is it! Pretty simple as I mentioned and such a refreshing drink. I hope you give this one a shot as it really is very tart and refreshing.
Here are a few things that came in handy for this recipe:
Juicer (I use this all the time) // Half Gallon Mason Jar (I LOVE this for making lemonade or iced coffee. I have the half gallon size but there is also a gallon size // Pyrex Measuring Cup // Glass Pitcher
This recipe is based off the original recipe from Nordstrom cafe and adapted quite a bit.
And if you like this one, you might also enjoy these hot weather drinks:
Copycat Starbucks Passion Tea Lemonade recipe
mmm that looks so good! I just wish I could buy POM Wonderful or any other brand of 100% pure pomegranate juice in Denmark. cleaning pomegranate is so time consuming – but still worth it!
That looks refreshing. I have to give this a try because I’m getting tired of plain iced tea.