Oh goodness I love Pumpkin Chocolate Chip bread! This might be one of my favorite things to bake in fall and winter and I love this as an alternative to cookies and other baked goods for Christmas.
This recipe is super simple and makes a generous sized loaf. I would suggest doubling the recipe so you have one for the freezer and one to munch on right away.
Here is the quick recipe:
- 1½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cup Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1½ tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ½ cup Water
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease loaf pan and set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- Beat together sugar, oil and eggs.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to egg mixture, beating well.
- Add water and pumpkin puree and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool completely on wire rack.
Please note it is best to start checking the bread around 55 minutes but in my oven this loaf takes closer to 90- minutes before it is ready.
This is rich and comforting and just delicious.
And it will freeze just beautifully. Let it cool and then wrap in saran wrap and pop in a freezer bag.
And if you like this recipe, here are a few other things you might also like: