One of the many projects we have been working on this Spring is finally organizing our garage into manageable condition. It is a constant struggle because the garage tends to be a dumping ground for all our many DIY projects and it is usually the last place I think about when it is time for cleaning/tidying.
If you are looking to clean and organize your garage this summer, here are some clever ideas to inspire you!
1. Easy Chair Storage– using scrap wood brackets on the wall
2. PVC Pipes for Tool Storage -and sports equipment
3. Hanging Paint Swatches -for house projects
4. Creative Bike Storage- perfect for hanging in garage.
7. Storage Tubs on Wall– solution for bags etc
9. Toy Storage Solution– large bins on wall
10. Crates on Wall– this is shown in an entryway but could easily be done in a garage to hold children’s things or seasonal items.
12. Pallet Garden Tool Organizer
14. Tool Hanger from One Bracket
15. Plans to Build a Workbench
Plus if you need a spot for jackets, backpacks etc… here is a simple idea to check out:
15. Create a mudroom in the garage
If you are inspired to tackle other trouble spots, here are a few other ideas to consider:
Rolling Toy Crate— This can be used for anything- paper files, craft supplies etc…
Alex Jennings says
Thanks for sharing this article with us! I think you have many good organizational and garage storage tips! I’m excited to try them—especially the pallet rack for the scooters. I’m sure my wife will like having the garage more organized. Do you know where I can get pallets like that? You’re a life saver!
Alex you might try calling your local home improvement store. They often give pallets away for free.