Oh I have the best recipe for you for classic chocolate brownies. You can jazz these up with your favorite toppings- coconut, crushed mint cookies (like Thin Mints), chocolate chips, nuts, caramel, peanut butter, white chocolate…. the possibilities are endless!
These brownies are not overly rich like some fudge brownies and they are a little on the cakey side. So these are absolutely perfect as a base for fresh fruit and whipped cream or ice cream and toppings. Seriously amazing!
When you just need something warm and comforting and so easy this is just the thing for you to try. This comes together crazy fast and will be in your belly in no time.
Here is the recipe:
- ⅓ cup softened butter
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. The butter does need to be room temp- place the wrapped butter in a bowl of warm water to speed up the process if needed.
- Add in cocoa, vanilla, oil and eggs and mix well.
- Next stir in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix well until all the lumps are gone.
- Spread into a buttered 8x8 dish and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- A fork should come out clean when the brownies are fully cooked- careful not to overbake as these are perfect when slightly gooey.
This recipe makes a slightly thinner brownie so if you want big, thick ones for bake sales and such, you might consider doubling the recipe.
And I hope you enjoy! Please come back and let me know what you think if you decide to try these!
And here are a few other recipes you might enjoy.
Homemade Chocolate Magic Shell Sauce- goodness this is good on fresh fruit or ice cream!
And when you need a break from all that chocolate- try this easy microwave Lemon Curd!