Oh I have a really delicious recipe for Strawberry jam for you! This is not really a freezer jam recipe or for canning. Sometimes in summer I find myself with too many berries or I just want to make a little gift for someone or I just want something quick and easy.
This is a perfect recipe as it only calls for 1 pound of strawberries and it takes like 15 minutes or so in total to make. And you just won’t believe how delicious this jam is- it is really heavenly and only 3 ingredients needed!
I hope you enjoy this as much as I do:
- 1 pound strawberries
- 1 lime
- ⅓ cup sugar
- Wash your berries and slice off the stems.
- Place in a medium sized bowl and use a fork or potato masher to start mashing them up.
- Add ⅓ cup sugar and mash a bit more.
- Add the juice from one fresh lime and stir into the berry mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Once the berries start to bubble increase the heat to boil.
- Stir the jam frequently for about 6-10 minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Don't let it burn! Once the berries start to have bubbles all over and it feels thicker to stir, remove from heat and immediately transfer to a jar.
- If you prefer chunky jam you are good to go! For a smoother jelly just add to a food processor for a minute or two.
A few notes about this recipe- first I use amazing strawberries from the Farmer’s Market. They are small and just packed with sweetness and flavor. If your berries are not as flavorful you might consider adding a little more sugar.
I prefer the lime juice in this recipe which makes the jam so fresh and vibrant and just a little different. You can substitute a lemon if you prefer.
This makes a small jar of jam that will last in the fridge for about 2 weeks. I love to serve this with buttered french bread and a small fruit salad for breakfast. Absolutely delicious!
I made this for a neighbor as a little gift. The jar above is a double batch of the jam and I included a little pint of berries from the farmer’s market and a loaf of french bread.
Perfect gift for summer! If you are headed back to school soon wouldn’t this be a lovely idea for the teacher for the first day of school?
I hope you give this one a shot for a super fast and easy homemade jam. If you do try it, please come back and let me know what you think!
And here is another recipe you might like for Strawberry lemonade
And here is a variation on jam with a quick Blackberry Jam recipe.
And a yum-o 3 ingredient Watermelon Sorbet recipe!