Here is a really cute little something you can do for the kiddos this year.
I wanted to mention this now so you can get your letters in on time. I don’t know about you but the toy catalogs have started coming in and I can entertain my kids with making collages of toys for hours :).
So you can mail off a letter from your child addressed to Santa. You will get back a letter that is addressed to your child from the North Pole.
Santa won’t actually send you the letter but rather you write the letter and the North Pole sends it back. That works beautifully because you can totally customize your letter very specifically to your child(ren.)
Here are the steps to take for your letter- note you need to send these off by December 15th at the latest.
1. Have your child write to Santa.
2. Now you will write a letter back to them yourself as Santa.
3. Put your letter inside an envelope that is addressed to your child.
4. Stamp it and tuck it into the original envelope with your child’s letter.
You will want to send your letter to:
North Pole Christmas Cancellation
5400 Mail Trail
Fairbanks, AK 99709-9998
5. The North Pole will open the envelope with the letter from your child. Inside is the letter that you wrote from Santa. They will toss your child’s note and the outside envelope and they will put your letter from Santa back in the mail to you.
6. You will get that letter in the mail and it will have a North Pole cancellation stamp on it.
And you might consider typing your letter from Santa or using your left hand or something to write it out. I know my kids would recognize my handwriting in a heartbeat.
Also you want to make sure you don’t have a crazy bulky letter. I wouldn’t tuck those lovely toy collages and a bunch of other things in because the post office is processing a zillion of these each year. You want to make it easy on them.
And to fancy things up a bit, I have a few free printable letters to Santa for you below:
- Free Printable Letter to Santa from Tom Kat Designs (scroll all the way to the bottom)
- Free Letter to Santa (I Need, I Want, I’ll Wear, I’ll Read) from Somewhat Simple
- Official Letter to Santa from Olive Press Paper
And here are a few other festive things you might enjoy this Christmas:
Grinch Sugar Cookies. So cute and so fun for Christmas movie night!