I have another muffin recipe for you to try and this time you can take advantage of the delicious zucchini in season right now. I love zucchini and I love muffins so these will make an appearance several times this summer for sure in our kitchen.
My kids never want to eat breakfast and we seem to be on the go so much- I just love muffins to pack up for quick snacks at the pool, breakfast as we zip out to soccer practice or camp, I am making a batch of these to pack in the cooler this weekend for soccer tournaments…
Are you ready for this super simple recipe?
Gather up your lovely zucchini and start by shredding one zucchini with a cheese greater – you don’t need to wring out the zucchini as long as it doesn’t look super wet.
Now its time to get to bakin’. This recipe calls for sour cream which I prefer but you can substitute milk if you don’t have any on hand.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable or canola oil
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 zucchini (grated)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Mix sugar, oil and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time mixing between each addition.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and milk- mixing until just moistened.
- Mix in sour cream- stirring just until incorporated.
- Gently fold in zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into prepared muffin tins about ⅔ of the way up (I use a cookie scoop)
- Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool and enjoy!
If you decide to make this recipe, please come back and let me know what you think!
Here are a few other recipes you might also enjoy: