I have one cookie recipe for you guys today that is really delicious. Pretty much a guaranteed hit for the holidays and very easy to make.
My children absolutely love Eggnog and I wanted to try baking a cookie this year that incorporated their favorite holiday treat. I am actually not an Eggnog fan but I still managed to eat my share of these yummy little things. They really are quite good.
Ready to get baking?
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter- room temperature
- 1 egg
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 tablespoons Egg Nog
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup butter- softened to room temperature
- 6 tablespoons Egg Nog
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Nutmeg (optional)
- Start by making the cookie.
- Add powdered sugar and butter to a stand mixer and mix until creamy.
- Add egg followed by vanilla and Egg Nog, mixing well between each addition.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and cream of tartar and mix well, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Cover dough and chill at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll cookies out on a cutting board or parchment to about ¼ inch high- and cut into the shape you desire.
- The dough will be sticky so use flour or powdered sugar as needed.
- Place on parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 7-8 minutes until edges are golden brown.
- Remove from heat and immediately transfer to a cooling rack.
- Add sugar and butter to a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Next add Egg Nog and cinnamon and whisk on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Once cookies have cooled, frost and sprinkle with a dash of nutmeg.
If you decide to give these cookies a shot, please come back and let me know what you think!
Here are a few other recipes you might like:
DIY Snowglobes (perfect for gift cards)