I wanted to post a quick idea for a fun Halloween activity for the kiddos. I love activities like this because my husband actually did this one with the girls. Usually I am the hostess of our craft adventures but anything to do with slime, I figured he would be in. The recipe is super simple- here is what you do:
- 4oz Elmer's Glue (blue, clear or white)
- 2 teaspoons Borax
- Glitter (optional)
- Food Coloring
- Mix 4oz glue with 1 cup water.
- Stir in your coloring- either food coloring or if you can find glow in the park washable paint in a craft store that would be fun too. Just add a few drops according to how vibrant the color you want.
- In a separate bowl, mix 2 teaspoons Borax and ⅓ cup warm water. Stir until dissolved.
- Mix both bowls together and you have slime!!
Now don’t worry. Some people do not like to use Borax and that is completely fine. You can also use liquid starch and I have a great recipe for you here that requires no Borax.
You might want to use 1 teaspoon of Borax for a slimier consistency or use 2 teaspoons for a denser consistency. I used 2 teaspoons and mine came out nice and firm yet squishy- sort of like a firmer version of hair gel.
If you have fans of all things glittery in your house, you might add some of that. I had a green glitter stashed away from the Dollar Store and the girls LOVED adding that in. Just dump it on top of your glob and squish with your hands to blend it in. Oh one last little note- the color of glue you choose will make a difference in the color of your slime. Either way is nice but clear glue gives you truer color and a white glue will make the color slightly more pastel.
Time to play!!
Once the kiddos are finished you can just put it in an air tight container or a Ziploc and you are all done!
Here are a few other crafts you might enjoy: