I have a friend that is obsessed with Starbucks Iced Passion Tea Lemonades. She finally convinced me to stop by and try one and I have to say it was pretty darn good!
Personally I prefer Iced Tea Lemonade but this is a nice way to switch it up and it has such a unique flavor. If you haven’t had one of these give it a shot and see what you think. They really are very good.
I played around with a few different things and I think I came pretty close with a recipe you can make in just minutes at home.
The tea that I bought from Starbucks was $2.95- and you can make probably 20 of these for about $6.00 at home.
- Tazo Iced Passion Tea
- 1 Cup Sugar
- Brew 1 quart of water in a Dutch Oven over high heat until boiling. Add one bag of Iced Passion Tea and remove from heat.
- Let brew for about 5 minutes. Remove tea bag and let the tea cool.
- Add 1⅓ cup of lemonade
- Add ⅓ cup simple syrup*
- Serve over ice. At Starbucks they shake the heck out of it in a shaker. You can do the same if you have a plastic Starbucks reusable cup. Just pull the straw out and put your finger over the hole.
- To make the simple syrup: Add one cup of sugar to one cup of water in a saucepan over medium high heat. Stir until all the sugar dissolves. Reduce heat and let simmer about 10 minutes. Add to jar and let cool.
The nice thing is that you can adjust this to suit your tastes. I like a little extra lemony flavor in my drink so I add the tea above to my glass and then I top it off with a splash of lemonade. If you prefer more sweetness, you can certainly be more generous with the simple sugar.
So this takes a little time to make but once I went to Starbucks and noticed the very tiny measurement of tea versus the great big serving of ice for $3.00, I figured I might want to make this one myself.
I found the Tazo tea at Target for $2.99 a box- you get 6 bags in the box. I usually buy Simply Lemonade but Santa Cruz lemonade would also be great or you could try frozen lemonade as well.
I hope you enjoy!
And here are several other Starbucks Copycat Recipes to try!
- Iced Coffee Recipe (add flavor syrups or chocolate for a mocha)
- Starbucks Hot Chocolate (best hot chocolate and so easy!)
- Homemade Cinnamon Dulce Syrup
- Easy Frappucino Recipe
- Cranberry Bliss Bars (these are amazing!!)