The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is here for certain card holders. Yay! Unfortunately this year this year they are offering a tiered release of the sale as follows:
- August 4-18: ICON Status
- August 7-18: AMBASSADOR Status
- August 10-18: INFLUENCER Status
- August 13-18: INSIDER Status
- August 19-30: Everyone!
Basically it comes down to how much you spend annually to determine your status. As always this sale is only available to Nordstrom card holders- until that August 19th date when you can shop no matter what.
So unless you spend thousands and thousands of dollars per year at Nordstrom, you don’t get to shop until the 13th. Disappointing for sure but I am still looking forward to the sale and already have a wish list in place. There are several things I know for sure I am getting as Christmas gifts.
If you do not have a Nordstrom card, there is a bonus offer right now if you sign up for one. You will get up to $60 bonus notes (basically $60 to spend on anything at all you want from Nordstrom or Nordstrom Rack) depending on how much you spend. There are other perks that come with the card like free alterations and you will get access to the sale on August 13- or a week before the public.
Here are a few tips if you are getting ready to shop the sale:
- This year they are allowing you to save items in a wish list. That will allow you to check out faster once it is your turn to shop.
- You do want to shop the absolute soonest you can. Items sell out and aren’t always restocked (more often than not restocked.)
- You can pick up items for curbside or in-store pick up which is really easy and fast. They usually have special dressing rooms too so you can try things on very quickly.
- Last year I learned my lesson about sizing. If you are not quite sure on sizes, just order two sizes. Better to have a return and the item you want, than to get the wrong size and have it sold out.
- Shipping is always free on Nordstrom orders but if there is something you really want, I suggest paying for faster shipping. Things sell out so darn fast. I had so many items in stock last year and by the time my order was put together they were out of stock and never came back in.
- If you have double points days on your account, this is a perfect time to use them!
- If your local store is open, you can shop in store. Just note the in store selection is limited. Online is where you will see everything available.
- Last year they offered a $10 bonus note if you shopped online for curbside/in store pickup. I believe the same is true this year.
I am going to highlight a bunch of my favorite items below- but there is just sooo much to pick from. Typically shoes and coats seem to go the fastest but handbags, pjs, casual wear are bound to be super popular this year. I always find the cute sweatshirts and lounge items sell out super fast.