Here is a super simple recipe that is perfect for summer. I love to make this for parties or as a snack for long days at the pool. This is also perfect for hot summer nights when turning on the oven and cooking is not something to get excited about.
You can customize this a bit to suit your tastes and what you might have in the fridge/garden. Here is the basic recipe:
- 15 ounces Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 cups whole Kernel Corn (fresh, frozen or canned)
- 1 large Tomato, diced
- 1 small Onion, diced
- 2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- Cilantro Leaves (finely chopped- optional)
- Avocado (optional)
- 1 small jalapeno (seeded and finely chopped- optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Mix everything together in a large bowl and squeeze fresh lime juice over the top.
- If you are using frozen corn, you will want to cook that first. Everything in the recipe should be at room temp.
This will make a large bowl of salsa and you can enjoy it with so many things— chips for dipping, quesadillas, with rice and shredded chicken….
Cilantro adds quite a bit of flavor to this recipe and I often kick it up with extra lime juice too. I am not a huge jalapeno person but I know many of you will want to add that into the salsa as well.
If you have fresh avocado that adds a lot of creaminess to this salsa and really makes it a meal for me- I love this served over leftover rice with a tiny bit of cheese. (Just like a burrito bowl)
And here are a few more recipes you might enjoy:
Fresh Lime and Cilantro Guacamole
Leave a Reply