I wanted to post these super easy little lemon cheesecake bites for you because they are so fresh and tangy- not to mention so pretty for Spring.
These are fun little bite size treats so perfect for parties or to pack up for picnics.
Just mix a few ingredients up and pop them in a bag and then you can quickly pipe the filling right into the little filo cups.
- Filo Cups
- 1 (21oz) Can of Lemon Crème
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 1 (8oz) Package of Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Powdered Sugar for Dusting
- In a large mixing bowl on high, beat heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Add in cream cheese, vanilla extract and sugar and beat until smooth.
- Add in lemon juice and mix until well combined.
- Using a piping bag fill each Filo cup ¾ full.
- Fill the remaining cup with lemon crème.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes until set and dust with powdered sugar before serving.
I do suggest trying to find Lemon Creme as opposed to Lemon Curd. There is a slightly different texture and flavor to the creme that makes it taste amazing. You might be able to find this in the baking section of your store if not you can substitute Lemon Curd.
So if you decide to try this recipe please come back and let me know what you think!
And if are thinking Lemon these days too- you might like these other recipes:
A perfect glass of freshly squeezed lemonade!
Homemade Limoncello- (this has alcohol and is served icy cold. So delicious!)