I love olives. Seriously love them in all forms really but I wanted to post this easy marinated olives recipe for those of you that might be looking for a party appetizer.
We have Super Bowl coming up and this makes a great salty snack next to the cheese and crackers. Plus I love that this is a lot better for you to snack on then say Chili Dip or something 😉 .
You can purchase marinated olives at most grocery stores but it is really simple to make them and save yourself some money! Plus you can customize the flavor to suit your tastes.
Here is the basic recipe and you can doll it up a bit with lemon or orange peels (just very thin shavings added to the marinade).
- 2 cups assorted olives, pitted
- 3 cups olive oil (or more as needed)
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme, lightly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, lightly chopped
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. If the olive oil does not cover the olives, add more oil until all ingredients are fully submerged (actual olive oil quantity needed will depend on the size of the bowl you use).
- Let the ingredients marinate in the refrigerator a minimum of one day, up to three days.
- Once you are ready to serve, simply drain off most (but not all) of the liquid and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Serve cold.
I like to serve this along with crusty bread, assorted cheese, nuts, salami etc…
You can also pop it into a pretty little jar and tie with ribbon for a super inexpensive and easy hostess gift!
And if you want more easy appetizer ideas:
Try these Spinach Parmesan Bites
Fresh Homemade Salsa (I can eat the entire jar of this no problem)