Well it is November so time to start thinking about Thanksgiving!
I wanted to mention a little twist on a standard pumpkin pie. You can make little mini pumpkin pies- these are very easy and are so cute on the dessert table.
I also like these if you have multiple desserts because they are so easy to take home and enjoy later.
This is just a very simple pumpkin pie recipe and I like to make my own whipped cream and that just takes a second to do.
These were made with this adorable little Non Stick Pie set to make these pies super easy but you don’t need it. This pan is cute for all sorts of pies or savory things like pot pies. This makes little mini pies so cute for gifts or for parties.
If you don’t want to bother, many grocery stores will also carry mini tart shells in the refrigerated section too that you can pick up and those just go right on a baking sheet to cook.
- 1 Package Ready made Pie Crusts
- 1 Can 15 oz Pure Pumpkin
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 can Evaporated Milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp Pumpkin Spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 pint Whipping Cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Stir in sugar pumpkin spice and salt. Continue stirring.
- Stir in pumpkin. Slowly add in evaporated milk.
- Cut two 5 1/4″ circles from one of the crusts and insert in pans (the pan above comes with a little cutter)
- Fill to just below pan level with Pie filling.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool before removing.
- Make your homemade whipped cream- recipe here. (You can add a few dashes of cinnamon if you like).
- Place on top of pie and serve.
I like to actually pipe the whipped cream on top because it makes it look much fancier. You can also sprinkle a bit of whipped cream on the top.
And check out my Thanksgiving pinterest board for lots more recipes and crafts!