For those that are new to Kmart doubles I have a few tips that have worked for me in the past. For those that are old pros at doubles please feel free to share your experiences as well!
1. Every person will have a different experience. I find it best to just assume you need to follow the rules outlined for the event by Kmart. You might be pleasantly surprised that your store does not enforce the rules but better to be prepared than disappointed.
2. The limit is 5 coupons per day per person. What that should mean is that if you go with your husband, you can each do a transaction with up to 5 coupons total that will be doubled. Kmart has indicated a Shop Your Way Rewards card is required for each person that wants to double. You can enroll HERE and get a temporary card or take your chances that your store has these available at the registers.
3. Coupons with a value of $2 or less will be doubled. So that means the face value of the coupon will be doubled up to a grand total of $4 so- a $2 coupon becomes $4 or up to the price of the item. For example, if an item is priced at $3.50 and you have a $2 off coupon, you will receive a grand total of $3.50 off to make the item free. You will not receive any overage.
4. Kmart does accept internet coupons.
5. You will want to be sure your store is included in the promotion! The list of stores is available HERE– if your store is not listed it never hurts to call and ask! You might get lucky!
6. Considering there are only 5 coupons total per day, I would recommend prioritizing the items you want the most if you plan to make multiple trips. Kmart stores do tend to run out of inventory very quickly during these events.
7. Carefully check your receipt before you leave! Coupons for multiple items (for example $1/2 coupons) are notorious for not doubling properly. If that is the case, you can head right up to customer service and get a refund. It is much easier to get a refund immediately than to try and come back to get one.
8. Buy One Get One coupons have doubled in the past! There is a very good chance they will double- but I have personally had experiences when they did not double. So if you decide to try it- be sure the coupon value is $2 or less!
9. You can use as many coupons as you like in your transaction but only 5 total will be doubled.
Good luck and be sure to come back and let us know how it goes for you!