I have another quick and easy Instant Pot recipe for you guys.
I have to say these are just a lifesaver for us. Spring brings softball practice 3 days a week, jazz one day, ballet rehearsal one day and soccer for 2 kids a total of 5 days a week. Just nuts!
I am really discovering that I have to be on the ball with menu planning and the instant pot is such a rock star because it cooks everything crazy fast! No simmering in a slow cooker all day long- I can literally put frozen chicken in the Instant Pot and it is on the table ready to eat in 30 minutes.
This recipe was a hit the other night when we had family over. I was crunched for time and wound up tossing some things in the instant pot with a small prayer and it was absolutely delicious. The kids actually asked for seconds and that never, ever happens.
You can make this with fresh chicken or completely frozen chicken. I have actually made this a few more times and it turns out great either way.
Here is the simple (and quick!) recipe:
- Frozen or fresh chicken- approx. 1 lb
- Fresh or dried herbs
- 2 tbl butter
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- Add chicken to instant pot and pour broth over the top.
- Next add 2 tablespoons butter and the juice of ½ a lemon.
- Sprinkle in salt and pepper and add fresh herbs or dried herbs. (I like to add both)
- Close instant pot and cook on poultry for 25 minutes (frozen chicken) or 12 minutes (fresh chicken)
- Remove from instant pot once the pressure releases.
- Sprinkle on a little more salt and pepper and serve with rice, asparagus, artichokes, salad and so on.
I like to add thyme, rosemary or parsley to this dish. I use both a dried herb blend and fresh rosemary in the slow cooker. My family really likes the zesty lemon flavor so I like to slice the lemon and pop some of the slices into the instant pot and we squeeze a little extra lemon over the top once it has finished cooking. Delish!
Once it is done cooking you should have a flavorful and juicy chicken plus some yummy buttery broth. I like to drizzle more broth over the top once the chicken is on the plate. This is really good with Orzo pasta and I just drizzle extra sauce right on the orzo for flavor.
I hope you like this recipe. Please come back and let me know if you do give it a shot.
And if you like this recipe, here are a few others you might also enjoy: