Here is a super simple, no bake treat for the kids. If you haven’t ever tried Muddy Buddies they are crazy addictive! These Chex Mix recipes come together crazy fast and everyone loves them.
This particular recipe is a Brownie Bite flavor so it combines the yummy chocolatey flavor with crunchy Chex cereal.
I love making these as a special treat for family movie night or for football afternoons- a fun munch-y snack that the kids will absolutely love. Even better, these are ready to go before the popcorn is finished.
Our family is renting a car to drive around and see Christmas lights this year and I always like to pack snacks for the kids to munch on. These are on my list this year.
Here is the quick recipe:
- 5 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ stick salted butter
- ¾ cup powdered brownie mix
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Place cereal into a large mixing bowl.
- Place chocolate chips and butter into a small microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave chocolate and butter for 20 seconds and then stir. Continue microwaving for 10 second intervals until the chocolate is completely melted, stirring between each interval.
- Pour melted chocolate over the cereal and stir gently until all pieces are coated.
- Pour powdered brownie mix over cereal and stir gently.
- Place the chocolate & brownie battered cereal mixture into a gallon sized ziploc bag.
- Add powdered sugar to the bag and seal.
- Shake well until all cereal pieces are coated with powdered sugar.
- Empty mixture onto waxed paper to cool.
If you decide to try these please come back and let me know what you think!
And here are a few other recipes you might enjoy:
Teddy Bear Race Cars- perfect for a birthday party!