Here is a super easy and delicious salad recipe that is perfect for summer. I love this salad and make it all the time- especially after a Farmer’s Market visit when we have gorgeous berries.
This salad can be served with roasted chicken or I just eat it alone with some crusty, french bread. The colors are so pretty too for 4th of July- a perfect salad to serve at picnics and BBQs.
You can use any berries you like in this salad- strawberries or blackberries. I try to use raspberries as often as possible because they are pretty low in sugar compared to other fruits.
Here is the simple recipe:
- 6 cups fresh spinach
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- ¼ cup almonds- sliced
- 2-4 oz goat cheese (according to your preference)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Poppyseed Salad Dressing (homemade or store bought)*
- Add spinach to a large bowl.
- Top with freshly washed berries.
- Next sprinkle almonds on top - as generously as you like.
- Slice goat cheese log into small pieces and sprinkle on top. (Feta would also work if you prefer)
- Lightly top with poppyseed dressing. A little goes a long way.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Really this comes together in just minutes. *To be honest in summer I am usually looking for the fastest recipe possible and I don’t normally make the salad dressing from scratch each time. My favorite store bought is this Brianna’s Poppyseed dressing. If you prefer to make it from scratch, Paula Deen has a homemade poppyseed dressing recipe here.
And here are a few other recipes you might enjoy: