I have a fun and easy little game idea for the summer.
You can pick up a few things at the Dollar Store and make this Goal Post- perfect for summer BBQs or parties or camping trips.
It is very easy to assemble- just head to the Dollar Store and pick up:
- 3 Pool Noodles
- 3 Pool Noodle Connectors
- And then head over to the home improvement store and pick up a 24″ dowel rod.
- From home you want to grab a measuring tape and knife
To make the field goal:
- Cut a 14” piece off of two of the pool noodles.
- Slide a connector over the end of the uncut noodle, making a T.
- Insert the 14” pieces into each side of the T.
- Push a connector onto each side.
- Insert the remaining noodles into the connectors to form the goal post.
- Gently push the dowel rod into the ground and slide the goal post over it.
So this won’t be super sturdy but it is super cheap and portable and a perfect little something to make for parties and camping and trips to the beach!
Please note these pool noodle connectors are from Dollar Tree. Hopefully you find them as well- you might call your Dollar Store and check. If you don’t see them you can also call a local pool supply store store and see if they carry them. I couldn’t find an online source to order them.
My little girl’s friends at school seem to be having a lot of sports themed parties lately so something like this could be really fun for a children’s party as well.
If you try this out be sure to come back and let me know how it works for you!
And here are a few other things you might like: