I have lots of ideas and projects in store for Easter this year and here is the first up! These darling little Easter Chick Pretzels.
These are so easy to make and how cute are they for class parties or lunchbox treats? I think they would be cute for baby showers or parties too and they are just a small little bite of something sweet.
Your kids will love these and they are so simple to make!
- Mini pretzels
- White chocolate chips, melted
- Yellow sprinkles
- Black gel frosting
- Orange starburst candy (or orange gel frosting tube)
- Place pretzels on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place melted chocolate in a piping bag or zip lock bag with a small corner cut off.
- Pipe melted chocolate into the holes of the pretzels first, then carefully outline the pretzel and fill in remaining empty space.
- Cover chocolate in yellow sprinkles.
- Cut a Starburst into small pieces and shape them to form a beak.
- You can use a dab of orange gel icing instead of the Starburst if you prefer.
- With the pretzel turned sideways place the beak on by gently pressing it into the chocolate.
- Using the black gel frosting, pipe on a small dot for the eye.
- Allow chocolate to harden for 10-15 minutes before serving.
And here are the step by step pics so you can see exactly what to do to make your chicks.
Just fill in your pretzels with the melted chocolate. It doesn’t have to be perfect- you can whip up tons of these in no time.
Add your sprinkles generously.
And then the only tricky part is just cutting down those Starburst candies to look like beaks. You can also get the small tubes of gel icing to use and just draw on a small beak.
Then dot the eye and let these harden! And here is the final product:
Cute right? My kids haven’t seen these yet but I plan to make a few for their lunchboxes as we get closer to Easter. You might also put them in a little baggie and tie a bow for a very cute homemade addition to an Easter Basket.
I plan to put mine inside little Easter eggs to make them even more fun!
And you might check out my Pinterest Boards for lots more Easter inspiration– fun with Peeps, Egg Decorating Ideas, Recipes, Centerpieces and lots more!