Lemonade Iced Tea is one of my very favorite summertime drinks. I know a glass of lemonade iced tea will set you back about $3.00 at Starbucks so I found a super easy recipe that you can make at home in literally minutes.
Now in California, it can be hard to find Luzianne tea. That is my first choice for tea bags if you find it, Lipton has a little bit of a bite to my taste.
Just grab whatever is convenient for you though because you can always adjust the sugar and it will still be delicious.
- 3 qts water
- 9 tea bags (preferably Luzianne)
- fresh lemon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can frozen lemonade
- Bring 3 quarts of water to a boil in a dutch oven.
- Remove from heat and add 9 tea bags.
- Cover and let steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and add 1 can frozen lemonade concentrate.
- Add approximately 1 cup sugar (this can be adjusted according to taste.)
- Let cool.
- Add to a pitcher and refrigerate.
And now you have a great big pitcher of lemonade iced tea to have all week long for just about the cost of one drink at Starbucks.
Now you can take all that money saved and get a pedicure.
(If it has been one of those days you can always add a splash of vodka too and I won’t say a word to anyone.)
**If you are looking for a caffeine fix, check out my Iced Coffee Recipe!