Mar
2010

Walgreens for Beginners 3/21

03/21/2010. This post may contain affiliate links. Read my Disclosure Policy.

walgreens

Here is the Walgreens for Beginners idea for this week:

I am not terribly excited about anything at Walgreens this week to be honest.  There is a good deal on Huggies diapers but it comes with a $5 Register Reward which can be a tricky one to roll. You also need the Walgreens Activity book coupons to maximize the deal and those can be hard to find.

So here was my favorite deal this week:

Planters Trail Mix bags 6oz are priced at $1.50 each
There is a $1/2 coupon in the Walgreens March coupon book which is free at every store
If you printed the $1.50/1 coupons when they were available for Planters (I told you HERE) then you get 3 bags for free!

Buy 3 bags at $1.50
Use (2) of the $1.50/1 coupons for any Planters product
Then give the cashier the $1/2 Walgreens coupon book coupon- it will deduct $1.50 total!
Your final price is all three bags totally free!!

Now if you did not print the $1.50 coupons, then you can do this:

Buy 2 bags at $1.50 each
Use the $1/2 coupon from the 3/7 Smartsource insert
Then use the Walgreens March coupon book coupon for Planter’s
Final Price: Just .50 per bag!

This is a great way to learn about the Walgreens store coupons. They are unlike anywhere else because ONE store coupon will deduct the coupon value for every like item in your transaction! So in the example above, you can 3 bags of Planters and the Walgreens coupon will actually take .50 off for each and every bag in your transaction automatically!

One more tip on the Walgreens store coupons. You don’t need to cut them out since the cashier does not need to keep the coupon! So you can just give them the booklet totally intact OR you can just read the four digit number off the barcode of the coupon and they can punch it in! (For the Planter’s it is 5982)

So be sure to head back over and let me know how it goes!

See this week’s deals right HERE.

Check out the Walgreens 101 series HERE.

Cari March 21, 2010 at 7:52 PM

Hello! Just wanted to let you know that there is a pretty decent deal on Excedrin. It’s for 250 ct Excedrin. They are priced at 14.99. There is a $5 coupon in this weeks add, and there is a $4 coupon in the March coupon booklet. I ended up paying 6.38 for a 250 count bottle. I don’t know if you think it’s a good deal, but I do! lol

SavinginLA March 21, 2010 at 8:01 PM

Vanity Fair Plates and Napkins with the BOGO are priced at $1.99. Using the $.50 Q with the BOGO. This makes each pack of Plates or Napkins only $.50!!!

Joanna March 21, 2010 at 9:57 PM

My Walgreens ad says the Olay Quench 20.2 oz. ($7.99) comes with a free 8.4 oz. Since Olay has a rebate for any amount on the Olay Quench, it seems like a good deal to get two for free.

Carrie Lantry March 22, 2010 at 6:22 AM

Just wanted to let you know that I got 4 bags of Trail Mix and used man Q’s first and then the Wags Q and I got all of them free plus $2 overage. I combined this with the Olay deal and some Chex Mix so it took it off my bottom line and I only used the Wags Q once and it took it off for all 4!

Marnee March 22, 2010 at 2:28 PM

The Mr. Peanut Facebook page is saying that they will be releasing more coupons later this week!

Charlene March 22, 2010 at 2:36 PM

I know Marnee! I am excited. That trail mix is so good!

Monica March 23, 2010 at 1:22 PM

I went to Walgreens, I used the $2 Revlon Color Cosmetics manufacturers coupon for a base coat nail polish but I completely forgot to use the $2.99 in-ad coupon too. Can I come back and get a price adjustment? :(

Charlene March 23, 2010 at 2:22 PM

Monica I would call them and ask.

lisa March 24, 2010 at 3:23 PM

went there w/two planters coupons…1.50 off one and 1 dollar off 2. combined w/the deal from the walgreens booklet, i received all 3 for free! great deal!