Mar
2010

My Little Pony Buy One Get One Sale at Toys R Us (3/31 only!)

03/30/2010. This post may contain affiliate links. Read my Disclosure Policy.

my little ponies

Starting tomorrow only, Toys R Us will have My Little Ponies on sale Buy One Get One Free.

Theoretically, you should be able to use the BOGO coupon HERE and get 2 for free!  I have a feeling that many Toys R Us stores will refuse the coupon so I want to be sure no one is too disappointed if it doesn’t work.

There is another option that you might be able to try- assuming the single ponies are roughly $5 each:

Buy 6 at $5 (3 of them will be free) = $15.00
Use (2) Buy One Get One Free coupons
Final Price: $5 for 6 ponies!

or

Buy 4 at $5 (2 are free)= $10
Use 1 Buy One Get One Free coupon
Final Price: $5 for 4

Hopefully buying in multiples might work out better with this deal- if you decide to give it a try let us know how it goes for you!  I think I am going to try this myself so I will let you know how it works for me!

Eliza March 30, 2010 at 3:56 PM

I was wondering how you found this out? I would like to know if my store in CO will be participating…and what is there coupon policy do you know? Thanks

Charlene March 30, 2010 at 5:24 PM

Yes Eliza it is a National promotion and you can register for emails from TRU and they send you an email daily with the following day’s deal. There is no coupon policy so that is why I said I am sure many will get the deal and many will not. You really can either call ahead and ask them if you can use the coupon or just go in and try it!

krissly March 30, 2010 at 5:32 PM

I just called my toys r us and they do except manufacturers coupons but will only take 1 coupon of the same item…I hope that make sense.

Season March 30, 2010 at 5:41 PM

The coupon says that it can not be used in conjunction with any other offer for this product. So it sounds to me like it won’t work, but let us know if it does!

Charlene March 30, 2010 at 6:15 PM

Krissly the issue is not if they take coupons. The issue is using a BOGO coupon on a BOGO sale. They for sure take coupons but getting 2 products for free is what I am concerned about. Does that make sense?

Amber March 30, 2010 at 6:41 PM

I have a feeling that the BOGO coupon will not work solely with the BOGO sale (meaning you cant jusst get 2 for free) b/c TRU is funy about coupons… it took me 3 different trips to finally get them to take my Toy Story internet coupons. *By the way, TRU policy is NOT to take internet coupons unless it states in the ad where to print them- hence you cannot print these from the playsaver, but you can use the ones that came in the Sunday coupons 2 weeks back.

crystal March 31, 2010 at 6:49 AM

I think it just depends on the store my store always says I’m not sure this coupon will go through but if it does they take it. (all coupons internet or insert)I say if you are near a Toys r us go for it :)

Andrea March 31, 2010 at 7:20 AM

It was not advertised at the store here in Cincinnati… Should I tell them it was in an e-mail sent out… our do you think it is a local thing? Thanks!

bucksaver March 31, 2010 at 7:57 AM

My store accepted two from the newspaper and 2 internet coupons.

Amy March 31, 2010 at 8:02 AM

I just returned from my store, West Hartford, CT. I tried to use 1 BOGO coupon on 4 items (get 4 items at the price of 1), but it didn’t work out. The guys who works in CS claims “they are already on the store sale, and the coupon says that it can not be used in conjunction with any other offer for this product”. Although I already expected this could happen, I still feel very disappointed.

Charlene March 31, 2010 at 8:23 AM

Andrea- it was the TRU daily deal email sent out. Should be nationwide. I have your email so if I didn’t delete the email I will forward it to you.

Danielle March 31, 2010 at 8:39 AM

My store in Grand Rapids, MI said that you must purchase a min. of 5 to use the coupons. Apparently, Corporate sent them out a message this afternoon. Hope that helps:) I am going there this afternoon, I will let you know how it goes.

Danielle March 31, 2010 at 9:41 AM

Just got back from Toys R Us. Bought six ponies, at $5.49 and was able to use two BOGO coupons making my total around $7.00 with sales tax. So I basically only paid for 1 pony, that is a pretty good deal if you ask me:) Thanks Charlene!

bonnie March 31, 2010 at 9:44 AM

I just got back from my TRU in Springfield, IL and they would not allow the transaction. I was trying to get 4 ponies, use the in store deal, and the 2 bogo coupons. But then also the lady behind me was trying to do it in the case of like just buy 4 for the price of one & they wouldn’t let her do that either! =(

Melissa March 31, 2010 at 9:55 AM

Went to my local TRU and got 4 My Little Ponies for .77!!!! Thanks for the post!!

Erin March 31, 2010 at 11:16 AM

Did not work at the Culver City CA TRU. Said because the manufacturer already had a deal going, they would not accept the coupons in addition. Bummer.

Lauren March 31, 2010 at 11:27 AM

My Toys R Us (Corona, CA) wouldn’t accept these coupons. They said they’re already on sale so you can’t use the coupons. I had IPs and ones from the paper. Supposedly the manager called corporate and Habbro and she was told they agreed that the Qs couldn’t be used. It is so irritating knowing you’re right and not being able to do anything about it! Argh!

Lauren March 31, 2010 at 11:43 AM

My store in Wilkes Barre Pa honored the BOGO coupon and allowed me to use two $5/1 on the BOGO family car set (also would have worked on the so soft newborns). So I paid $5.99 (+tax) total for two boxed sets and two single ponies.

They also gave me a raincheck for 6 additional single ponies because their shelf was nearly empty! I’m actually not confident that will work with the coupons next week – but I feel lucky just with today’s purchases!

nichole March 31, 2010 at 11:51 AM

Im in bloomington il and they would not take any coupons on the bogo sale :( called cs and she also said no :( bummer deal

Jennifer E. March 31, 2010 at 2:06 PM

My Toys R Us in port st. lucie FL Took the Coupon No Problem I was Able to Get 2 Ponies FREE and Only Pay Tax!

Amy March 31, 2010 at 2:23 PM

Got 4 ponies for the price of 1 in Clovis, CA. I only tried to use one BOGO coupon because I know my TRU is terrible with coupons and knew if I tried to get them for free they wouldn’t allow it. So I got 4 for $5.49 +tax. It’s funny, I don’t think they care about what the actual rules are, they just go with what “feels” right to them. They said that as long as I was paying for one, it was fine. And I was still very happy with that deal.

Michelle March 31, 2010 at 2:47 PM

I went to my local TRU store today and lucked out! I got six single ponies for $1.36!!! I used 3 BOGO coupons with no problem. These will make a great addition to Easter baskets and Toys for Tots at Christmas time :-)

Kate March 31, 2010 at 5:40 PM

They were out of the single ponies when we got to TRU but I got a sweet deal on the play sets! We bought the convertable car and the ferris wheel and used two $5 off coupons for those play sets and got both for 11 dollars and some change! The best part was our daughter was doing chores for this covertable for awhile and was saving up and when I heard about the deal I was excited to teach her to get the most for her money and save a good bit as well!

Brenda March 31, 2010 at 5:59 PM

I had 6 bogo coupons and was able to use them all at my TRU store here in Albuquerque, NM. I decided I would get 2 more just in case so I bought 14 and paid $6.96. Not bad at all for all of those. They were marked at $5.49 each. I used a $5 off $25 purchase coupon first so that made them each $4.78.

Caitlin March 31, 2010 at 6:18 PM

I used 3 coupons at the Roseville store and got 6 for free. Thanks Charlene!

Charlene March 31, 2010 at 9:29 PM

Yeah! What a great story Kate- glad it worked out for you!

Amy April 1, 2010 at 12:58 PM

I used this deal yesterday. I got three for the price of one. They only had three in the building. So I got the BOGO, and used the coupon for BOGO. I am so happy with these coupons. I think I have about 20 ponies at this point. Great Easter fillers, great birthday favors, prizes. Love deals like this. I have never had a problem with the local TRU stores taking internet coupons.

Baltha April 2, 2010 at 4:55 PM

Thank you for the offer. I got two little ponies combining both of the offers :)