I posted awhile back about how I got started with essential oils– now I am a huge skeptic about lots of things- especially these oils that I hear people talk about constantly.
I kept hearing how people were using them for all sorts of things around the house, on the kids etc… and well I just didn’t believe any of it was true.
I finally caved and purchased my own Premium Starter Kit from Young Living about 9 months ago and haven’t looked back! In fact, one of the highlights of the month has been getting my order in — you totally DO NOT need to order a thing after you get your starter kit but I just bet you find all sorts of other products you can’t wait to try.
So for the month of March, I wanted to pass along an awesome promotion on these oils. If you have been on the fence about getting started with these oils, you can get several freebies with your order this month!
I recommend getting a premium starter kit, and while that is an investment at $150, you will have everything you need to get started using essential oils for about a zillion different things.
In the premium starter kit, you will get the following:
- 11 full size oils in 5ml bottles
- a fancy diffuser- which makes your house smell amazing (this is a $75 value)
- samples of oils for friends or for travel
- Roller Ball topper for your favorite oil (lots of people use this for the stress away oil that comes with the kit)
- Samples of Ningxia Red- perfect for when you need a little extra energy
These are the oils included in the starter kit (please note the oils occasionally change according to inventory levels so please double check before you place your order):
If you are ready to buy a starter kit, then be sure to sign up as a wholesale member (with one of the premium starter kits):
This is just a few steps but the process goes fairly quickly and you only need to do it once.
2. Be sure the “Wholesale Member” option is checked so that you don’t end up paying retail prices.
3. Be sure the “sponsor ID” and “enroller id” say 1839328
4. If you do not feel comfortable putting in your social security number (this is only for tax purposes if you decide to turn this into a business- if you do not turn it into a business than nothing is done with that information) you can get an EIN from the IRS in just a few seconds here and use that number instead. Young Living will never share this info with anyone. 90% of the people that sign up do not turn this into a business.
5. Select which starter kit you want to get. My recommendation would be the Premium Starter Kit. The price is $150 but considering the diffuser alone is a $75 value and you get 11 full size essential oils- that is like paying $75 for 11 oils or $6.81 each! You will have all the oils you need to get going or you can get a kit for $160 with an even nicer essential oil diffuser!
6. I’d recommend skipping the Step 3 (Optional) part of the sign-up process. I’ll send over an email with more details on that part of things after you sign up (if you’re going to be purchasing products monthly then it’s a great program that will give you credit back with each order and save you on shipping costs).
7. Go through the checkout process.
8. After you sign up, send an email to [email protected] letting me know that you signed up so I can get your freebies to you! I will add you to our essential oils Facebook community where you can ask questions, get feedback plus I can add you to my newsletter that goes out with information on new products, recipes, things that are working for others, giveaways and more!
IMPORTANT: This promotion is only available when you sign up with the sponsor ID and enroller ID as #1839328! Also, if you recommend this promotion to a friend (or group of friends) and they sign up too through this promotion then please let me know so that you can get credit for referring them.
And that is it! I know it is a TON of information.
If you want to see how I use many of these oils on a daily basis in our home, check out my How to Get Started with Essential Oils post here. You can also scroll down for more answers to frequently asked questions.
*Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please confirm any information obtained from or through this web site with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on this website.
Does signing up make me a “distributor”?
Nope! You are not required to sell anything at all to anyone. When you become a wholesale member, you get a special link that you can share with friends and get credit from their purchases, but there are no minimum sales amounts at all. In fact, 90% of the wholesale members in Young Living don’t do the business side at all. They are buying from Young Living because of the quality alone.
Am I required to make a minimum purchase each month?
There are absolutely NO minimum monthly purchase requirements. To remain a wholesale member, you have to make $50 worth of purchases per year to keep your membership. But if there’s a year that you don’t make a $50 purchase, you can reinstate your wholesale membership discount by just placing a $50 order.
If you do find yourself making regular purchases each month, then Young Living has a rewards program (called Essential Rewards) where you can make a nice percentage back in product credit each month on all of your purchases. So that’s a neat program to join if you find that you *want* to purchase regularly (but it’s not a requirement for being a wholesale member).
Why should I buy from Young Living instead of other essential oils companies?
It does seem like a new essential oils company pops up every day, doesn’t it?
I can’t speak to the quality of other companies, but I can say that Young Living was the only company in my research of essential oil companies that could answer all of my questions about purity in a way that was satisfactory to me.
Young Living was the only company that has their own farms (in the regions where the plants should be grown), could absolutely guarantee that no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of any of their oils (they use essential oils for pest control and they do all of the weeding by hand), has their own testing equipment (they do both in-house and 3rd party testing, and use many different testing methods not just GC/MS which only tests for certain chemicals, not whether those chemicals are synthetic or not), and only uses the first distillation of oils instead of adding chemicals to get more out of the plant.
Young Living also was the only company that was directly in charge of essential oil farming operations. Every other company I researched goes through some kind of an “oil broker” to buy their oils. They have to trust that the oil broker is telling the truth, who has to trust that the essential oil distilleries are telling the truth, who have to trust that the farmers are telling the truth about what they say they are doing…..
With Young Living, you just have to trust one company instead of several.
I feel like it’s a trust step either way (anyone could be lying) but I felt the most comfortable trusting Young Living since they are a full-disclosure company. ANYONE can visit the farms, participate in the harvesting and distillation, view the Young Living labs, and see the entire process. That’s not an option with any other company.
How will I know which oils to use for what?
One of the benefits of getting a starter kit through this promotion is that you also get to join our private Facebook group that’s specifically for questions about essential oils!
The reference guide that I’m giving away as part of this promotion is also a HUGE resource. You can look up almost anything in it and see which essential oils and supplements can be helpful.
Does Young Living only sell essential oils?
The answer to this one was surprising to me when I first got my starter kit! Young Living actually has an entire line of personal care products, supplements, meal replacements, energy drinks, and more! Almost every product incorporates essential oils (for example, frankincense is absolutely wonderful in facial products), but there’s a wide variety of products available.