I love to read and my girls share (knock on wood) my love for books. They will sit quietly and listen to stories pretty much as long as I will keep reading.
We especially love the holidays because the cold weather brings us to the couch or to Barnes and Noble sipping lots of hot chocolate and reading books.
So I thought it might be fun to offer 10 suggestions for holiday books that you might want to pick up for the little ones or check out at the library.
I have seen lots of people that use Christmas books as an advent calendar- unwrap a new book for each night in December. I think this could be a great tradition for the kiddos year after year and if you order right away many of these books should arrive very quickly.
These are just our favorites, so be sure to add any others that your family loves in the comments below.
- The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss
- Llama Llama Holiday Drama by Anna Dewdney
- An Otis Christmas by Loren Long
- Charlie and the Christmas Kitty by Ree Drummond
- The Christmas Cookie Sprinkle Snitcher by Robert Kraus
- The Night Before Christmas by Clement C. Moore
- Silent Night by Juliet Groom
- God Gave Us Christmas by Lisa Tawn Bergren
- The Little Fir Tree by Margaret Wise Brown
And a few more just for fun:
And I haven’t picked this one up yet but I plan to add it to our collection this year. Christmas From Heaven the True Story of the Berlin Candy Bomber by Tom Brokaw.
So grab a few of these and use it as an excuse for extra cuddles with your little ones this season.
And if you order before December 1st you can get 30% off one book at Amazon!