Are you ready for fall? I am! It is still hot as heck here but nonetheless, I am ready for pumpkin flavors!
This is a fun and easy recipe for Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispy treats. My kids absolutely love Rice Krispies and I thought this would be a good one for those of you looking for easy fall baking ideas.
These are very cute for little class parties you might have coming up or a festive treat after sports. The extra pumpkin and vanilla flavors make these a little more appealing to adults as well so win, win!
Here is the recipe and this does call for a tiny bit of food coloring. If you prefer to skip food coloring, you can still do the glaze and I think a few orange sprinkles would be really fun.
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 10 oz Marshmallows
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 2 drops red food coloring
- 2 drops yellow food coloring
1. In a medium to large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Add Pumpkin Pie Spice and Vanilla and mix well. Remove from heat.
2. Add Rice Crispies cereal and stir until cereal is well coated.
3. Prepare a 13 x 9 pan by spraying with cooking spray or coating with butter. Butter a spoon or your hands or use wax paper to press the mixture into the pan evenly.
4. Make the glaze by slowly adding the milk a little at a time to the powdered sugar and mixing well. You want the glaze thin enough to drizzle on, but not run off. Once you have the consistency that looks good, add the food coloring.
5. After cooling, cut into rectangles or squares and drizzle with the orange glaze.
And if you might want another fun idea, check out these easy Halloween Chocolate Covered Pretzels.