Creamy Cauliflower and Parmesan Soup (without the cream!)
Author: Dave Leiberman
Recipe type: Soups, vegetarian
- 1 head cauliflower, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 quart chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in soup pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic for about 5 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add cauliflower and stock and bring to a boil.
- Change heat to low and place a lid over the cauliflower for about 15 minutes.
- Once the cauliflower is soft, remove from heat.
- Blend in batches in a blender or in the pot with an immersion blender.
- Stir in the cheese and spinkle with fresh pepper and salt.
Recipe by My Frugal Adventures at http://myfrugaladventures.com/2012/09/creamy-cauliflower-soup-without-the-cream/