5 Minute Freezer Jam Recipe
Author: My Frugal Adventures
Recipe type: jam, strawberry jam
- 2 lbs strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (optional)
- 1 packet pectin (about 2 1/2 tablespoons)
- Wash and slice strawberries. Add to a bowl and use a potato masher to mash strawberries.
- Add 1/4 cup of sugar, one packet of pectin (about 2 1/2 tablespoons) and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Mix well.
- If you prefer chunky jam just mash to the consistency you like. If you prefer a creamier jam you can add the mixture to a food processor and pulse a few times.
- Continue to add sugar in 1/4 cup increments until you achieve the sweetness you like.
Recipe by My Frugal Adventures at http://myfrugaladventures.com/2012/09/5-minute-freezer-jam-recipe/