I have a super quick and easy dinner idea for you that is perfect for busy weeknights. It is creamy and rich and best of all really simple to make in about 30 minutes in just one pan.
This is a perfect way to use up leftover chicken or a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store and requires just a handful of ingredients.
Give this a shot and see if it becomes one of your family favorites!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon dried or fresh rosemary
- 4oz sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup diced onion or shallot
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- crushed red pepper flakes, if desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add olive oil to a large pan on medium heat and brown the mushrooms and onions- about 4 minutes and set aside.
- Next brown the chicken on both sides (about 4 minutes each side). Set aside.
- Add butter, chicken broth, and cream to pan (still on medium heat) and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Add garlic, rosemary and mushroom mixture and simmer for 5 minutes, continuing to stir.
- Add chicken back to the pan and scoop some of the sauce over the chicken.
- Place in oven for 10 minutes to finish cooking.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes if desired.
- Serve with rice or noodles or grilled veggies and enjoy!
Here is your skillet chicken- creamy and buttery and garlicy.
And I placed mine over rice but a simple salad or noodles or grilled veggies would be perfect as well.
Be sure to come back and let me know what you think if you decide to give this recipe a shot.
Here are a few other ideas you might also enjoy:
Copycat Alice Springs Chicken– this is a favorite in our house