Here is a simple treat that is perfect for the holidays and pretty irresistible. My daughter wanted to make treats for her friends and her entire soccer team this year. I wanted something simple and affordable and easy to make in pretty big quantities.
We decided on Muddy Buddies and went through a handful of variations and settled on this toffee chocolate version. These are delicious any time of year but we added holiday M&Ms just for a little color and to make them feel festive. Omit the M&Ms and the Muddy Buddies are still delicious.
- 5 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ½ cup Health Toffee Bits
- ¼ cup M&Ms (optional)
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- Add chocolate chips to melted butter and melt in microwave in 15 second increments, stirring between each until chocolate is fully melted and smooth (or use a double boiler method on the stove top).
- Add Rice Chex to a large bowl and slowly pour the chocolate mixture over the top. Gently stir to fully coat all the cereal in chocolate.
- Add 1 cup confectioners sugar, carefully stirring to evenly coat the chocolate cereal.
- Sprinkle toffee bits and M&Ms over the top and again stir gently.
- Place in an air tight container for up to a week.
I bought these little plastic containers in varying sizes and this recipe filled about (3) of the 32oz size containers. Click here to take a look
And that is it! So delicious and the toffee adds just enough to make these interesting.
If you like this recipe, you might also want to try these recipes: