I have a delicious Lemon Bundt Cake recipe for you to try that is perfect for Spring and Summer. I was thinking this Bundt cake recipe would be perfect for Mother’s Day brunch- not too sweet, just a little tart. Really delicious and so pretty!
Here is the recipe for this cake. I have tried many recipes for bundt cake and the trick is to keep the cake moist and light and not too dense. I think this cake fits the bill. There is a pronounced lemon flavor to this cake which is a perfect balance to the sweet glaze drizzled right on top.
Ready to make your lemon bundt? Here goes:
- 1 cup butter (room temperature)
- 1½ cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 1 large lemon)
- zest from 2 large lemons
- 2½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Prepare bundt pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bundt pan should be well buttered (paying attention to all cracks, the bottom of the pan and the center. Sprinkle flour on buttered pan and shake to spread evenly over the pan- shake out excess flour.
- Cream sugar, lemon zest and butter in a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add 4 eggs, one at a time, mixing gently between each addition.
- Combine flour and baking powder in a bowl and whisk together.
- Combine milk and lemon juice in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to butter mixture, alternating with milk mixture until everything is incorporated.
- Transfer mixture to prepared bundt pan and bake for approximately 50 minutes.
- A toothpick should come out clean once the cake is done.
- Take a knife and gently push between the cake and the bundt pan to loosen it up.
- Place a cooling rack or plate on top of the bundt pan and quickly flip over.
- Your cake should come out clean.
- Drizzle generously with glaze and enjoy!
The success of the bundt cake is largely dependent on preparing the pan properly. It is so very important to be sure it is very, very well buttered and then a light dusting of flour will ensure the cake doesn’t stick to the pan.
You can certainly add more lemon to the cake for a tart flavor or a little less for a more mild flavor.
I hope you enjoy this cake as much as we do! Come back and let me know what you think once you have tried it.
And here are are a few other recipes you might enjoy:
Amazing Chocolate Buttercream (the best ever)