The free National Parks Entrance Days have been announced for 2017.
You can visit over 400 parks totally free on the following days:
- January 16: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- February 20: Presidents’ Day
- April 15-16 and 22-23: Weekends of National Park Week
- August 25: National Park Service Birthday
- September 30: National Public Lands Day
- November 11-12: Veterans Day Weekend
In addition if you happen to have a 4th grader (I do, I do!) you can get in free to the parks through August 31st for a family of 3 adults and any additional children under 16 years.
If you are a member of the military, you can get a free annual pass as well. Details here.
You can see me and my girls above at Yosemite last year- so beautiful! Get the details on our trip by clicking here.
This National Parks Monopoly game would be so fun to get the kids excited for your next trip.
And here is a little journal you can pick up for the kids to collect passport stamps and to make notes about their travels.