I have a really simple and cute recipe for you to try today. Your kids are going to love this one and once the cupcakes are baked, they can actually help out assembling these guys.
You can make these adorable little bear paw cupcakes with chocolate cake and a delicious buttercream frosting plus some fresh coconut on top. Really delicious!
I cheat occasionally and use a box mix for cupcakes but I always make the frosting from scratch. It literally takes minutes and the flavor is so much better than something from a can.
This is my favorite buttercream frosting recipe– just 4 ingredients and comes together in a flash.
If you prefer to bake the cupcakes from scratch, here is a simple recipe:
- 1½ Cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 Cup Milk (or substitute coffee to bring out chocolate flavor)
- ½ Cup Vegetable or Canola Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line the muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt,
- cocoa powder together. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the milk, oil, vinegar, vanilla
- extract and egg until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until
- Fill the muffin tins to the halfway mark.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until a toothpick
- comes out clean when inserted into the middle.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely before frosting.
Next mix up the buttercream frosting and add a thin layer on top of the cupcakes. Place your frosted cupcake into a bowl of coconut.
Top well with coconut to create a furry bear paw.
Next you simply add a few candies and all done! I used a peppermint patty for the paw along with a few Raisinettes for the toes. You can substitute M&Ms and chocolate covered wafer cookies if you prefer.
I hope your kiddos enjoy these as much as mine did. Here are a few other recipes you might also enjoy:
Watermelon Macarons– such a pretty gift idea