I have an amazing recipe for you for a super fresh and zippy and delicious sparkling limeaid. This is super simple to make and a delicious alternative to soda or heavier drinks.
My 8 year old loves this recipe. You can adjust this to add more sugar if you prefer- it is a super limey and fizzy drink. Perfect for a warm sunny day or for brunch- especially if you are serving heavier foods.
Here is the simple recipe:
- 12 Fresh Medium Limes (to make about 1 cup of lime juice)
- 1 cup water
- 1 liter sparkling water
- 1 cup sugar
- Fresh Mint (optional)
- Squeeze limes until you get 1 cup of juice (8-12 limes depending on the size)
- Bring 1 cup water to a boil and and add 1 cup sugar. Stir until dissolved.
- Allow the water to cool and add to lime juice.
- Crush mint with your fingers and add to the lime and water mixture.
- Let steep for 30 minutes and strain mint out.
- Add sparkling water and serve over ice.
If you can enlist helpers to get your lime juice squeezed. My kids are actually great at squeezing limes or lemons for drinks. (You can pick up an inexpensive juicer here.)
And if you decide to give this recipe a shot, please come back and let me know what you think!
Here are a few other drinks you might enjoy:
Passion Tea Lemonade – Starbucks Copycat Recipe