I have a super simple and pretty dessert idea for you today. This is a perfect one for summer as it is totally no bake and the gorgeous red strawberries look so festive for Mother’s Day brunch or for Memorial Day and 4th of July parties.
Wait until you see how simple these are to make and they will look absolutely gorgeous at your next party.
- 2 packages cream cheese softened- 16 oz total
- 1 jar marshmallow fluff (7oz)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 package Lorna Doone cookies - or similar shortbread cookies
- 20 strawberries sliced vertically
- Mix the cream cheese, marshmallow fluff and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the sugar in three parts- mixing well between each addition.
- Add the cream cheese mixture into a piping bag and pipe onto the top of your shortbread cookie.
- You can also dollop with a spoon or add the filling to a Ziploc bag and snip off the corner to pipe the filling.
- I prefer to pipe along the edges and then fill the inside of the cookie to keep it looking neat.
- Fan your berries on the top of the cookie and chill until read to serve!
Easy peasy right?
If you can’t find the Lorna Doone cookies, any shortbread cookie will work- I think a lemon cookie would be just delicious with this recipe as well.
and note this recipe makes a very generous amount of cheesecake filling. You can easily cut the recipe in half and still have enough for a smaller amount of filling for each cookie.
If you decide to make this recipe, please come back and let me know what you think!
And here are a few other recipes to consider:
Strawberry Lemon Slushie– soo good!