I have the most delicious recipe for you to try for White Chocolate Chip & Macadamia Nut pancakes.
Our family went to Maui in winter and had these amazing pancakes. They were delicious and we actually waited for 60 minutes to get a table at one of the more popular restaurants.
We only had time to get these yummy things once and when we returned home I set to work trying various recipes to see if I might be able to recreate them.
I finally figured out a perfect recipe for these delicious pancakes and I actually think this version is better than what we had in Maui. The pancakes at the restaurant had whipped cream and coconut syrup and even my kids found them a bit too sweet. So this recipe calls for pure maple syrup instead which is absolutely perfect with these pancakes.
Fluffy and light with a hint of sweetness from the white chocolate and a little saltiness and crunch from the nuts. Well these are amazing and I really hope you decide to make them for your kids or maybe as a special brunch treat.
Here is the recipe:
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 3 tbl sugar
- 1½ tea baking powder
- ½ tea baking soda
- ¼ tea salt
- 1½ cups buttermilk (well shaken)
- 3 tbl melted unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tea vanilla
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup roasted macadamia nuts- chopped
- maple syrup
- Whisk dry ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- In a second bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs, vanilla, and butter.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet and stir well.
- Add macadamia nuts and white chocolate chips and stir to incorporate.
- Cook on a skillet until golden brown, flip the pancakes and repeat.
- Top with butter and maple syrup.
And that is it! I bought a can of roasted macadamia nuts in a 4.5oz can and that was enough for just shy of (2) batches of these pancakes.
If you decide to give these a shot, please come back and let me know what you think!
Buttermilk pancake recipe adapted from Epicurious.
Here are a few more recipes you might also like: