This is one of our favorite side dishes and it is so crazy simple to make. Whenever I make these potatoes it turns into a bit of a fork fight around the table because everyone is diving in at once trying to get just a few more. Let me tell you my kids are so picky that rarely happens.
If you haven’t tried fingerling potatoes they are really fast and just delicious- we love them with rosemary and melted Parmesan cheese. They are a perfect side dish with a simple roasted chicken.
These only take 30 minutes to make and you can change up the seasoning according to what flavors you love.
- 2 lbs Fingerling Potatoes
- 2 springs fresh Rosemary- finely chopped
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Thoroughly wash potatoes and slice in half. Place in a large bowl.
- Add olive oil, garlic and Rosemary to a second bowl and stir.
- Pour the olive oil mixture onto the potatoes and stir the potatoes to evenly coat them.
- Place potatoes on a parchment lined baking sheet and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Flip potatoes and return to oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove again and sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
- Place back in oven for 5 more minutes or until the cheese has melted.
So that is just a rough estimate of the time for your potatoes to cook. The actual time will depend on your oven and the size of your potatoes.
When you are cutting them you might want to try and get the potatoes to be close in size so they cook evenly. Also the olive oil should be enough to coat all of the potatoes but if you find you have excess, try to strain it off. If the potatoes are soaked in oil they won’t get nice and crispy.
I do like to sprinkle the Parmesan on top and then put it back in the oven to cook and get all nice and gooey on top.
And here is what they look like with the gooey cheese- so good! I may or may not have been eating these straight from the baking dish. 🙂
And if you like this recipe, you might also like these: