I have another fun recipe for you guys and this one will be perfect to save for Back to School time. I love muffins as a quick grab n go breakfast or mid morning snack and for this one I tried to really cut back on the white sugar and the butter.
So I hope you try these- I made these with bananas and raspberries but you can also just make them with plain banana (add a little extra banana to the batter) or use banana and blueberries or banana and blackberries… whatever you have on hand would be perfect!
Note this is not a traditional bakery style muffin. Those types of muffins are heavenly but absolutely loaded with fat and calories. This muffin is skinny- very light in sugar and butter. So it is one you can grab without all the guilt but it won’t have the richness that a super buttery and sugary muffin would have.
- 1 ½ C. flour
- ¼ C. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 C. fresh raspberries
- 2 eggs
- 1 C. Greek yogurt
- ¼ C. butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- #1. Combine the flour and baking soda in a small bowl and set aside.
- #2. In a medium size bowl combine the sugar, mashed bananas, 2 eggs, yogurt, butter and vanilla. Mix well.
- #3. Slowly fold in the flour and baking soda mixture.
- #4. Lastly, add the raspberries. Stir gently so they don't get crushed.
- Pour evenly into 12 muffin cups and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- **Makes approximately 12 large muffins or 18 smaller muffins.
My 6 year old loves raspberries and I recently found out they have very little sugar so I thought they would be perfect with the recipe.
I love the added Greek Yogurt too for a kick of protein. I use plain Stonyfield Greek Yogurt.
I hope you enjoy these as much as we do! If you decide to give these a shot, please come back and let me know what you think!
Here are a few other recipes you might like:
Yummy Peanut Butter and Yogurt Fruit Dip (great way to use up the leftover greek yogurt)
Easy peasy homemade almond butter- this is a staple in our house and you won’t believe how good it is!